The Heroine's Journey, Part 4 - Experiencing the Boon of Success

The Heroine’s Journey;
Part Four - Experiencing the Boon of Success

Now that the Heroine has overcome the adversity standing in the way of their fulfillment, they have entered what I call the uncanny valley of success. Here the Heroine feels both a sense of achievement and uneasiness about the role or position that they have attained. It is as if the success that they have been taught to value is not what it appears. Often some kind of feminine elder will kindle their feelings of misgiving. The Heroine can sense that the pursuit of the truth will be costly so they hold their suspicions at bay.

Personal Story

After wrapping up my first academic year at the large public university where my ministry was based, I got on a plane to fly to Washington D.C. From there I headed to the University of Maryland, College Park, where Lutheran campus ministers from all across the country would gather for mutual edification and encouragement. There I was welcomed into a legacy of innovators and vision casters. I thought that maybe my struggle to land a call had led me somewhere vital.

Click here to read the rest of the article at Fidelia Magazine, a digital publication of Young Clergy Women International where I am a Writer-in-Residence. Click here to read the previous devotionals.


Popular Posts