The Heroine's Journey, Part Ten: Heroine Integrates the Masculine and Feminine

The Heroine's Journey, Part: Heroine Integrates the Masculine and Feminine

In the tenth and final step of the journey, the Heroine recognizes and embodies the paradoxes of life with grace and humility: self and other, brokenness and wholeness, wildness and consistency, individuality and community, vulnerability and power. They appreciate the wondrous complexity of the world and move through it with confidence. Having been made, unmade, and remade, they understand the demands of transformation and how to guide others through the process toward healing and wholeness. 


Personal Story

I have most definitely not yet reached the fullness of my journey. I expect that it will take years until I might become a sure and transformative presence in the world. I’ll refrain from guesswork here because I have been known to surprise myself. Instead of talking about myself, I want to leave you with an example of a biblical heroine at her apex: Elizabeth, wife of Zechariah, mother of John the Baptist, and cousin of Mary, Jesus’ mother.


Click here to read the rest of the article at Fidelia Magazine, a digital publication of Young Clergy Women International where I am a Writer-in-Residence. Click here to read the previous devotionals.





Popular Posts